Friday, 9 September 2011

From funk to f**k yeah!

Well, I have to say, it's been a rotten week, and it's showing no sign of improving any time soon...although I know it will.

I've not strayed from the path of staying within my cals but workouts have gone to pot (I've done very little for the past week); worse, I feel like I'm in a deep, dark hole right now, trying to claw my way out.

It's no big deal really but I've managed to get myself into a hormonal funk (thank you peri-menopause), and while I know it's only a temporary setback, and that as soon as 'it' arrives (assuming it ever will again), I'll stop being so damn emo (and be back to my cheery, positive, kick-ass self), at the moment everything is such a huge effort...and TBH, I feel utterly exhausted with the trying. And I've been trying so hard to not let it show.

So I apologise to all my wonderful friends - and you are all so very wonderful - I'm aware that I've been a lousy chum recently but in all honesty, despite knowing that you'd tell me exactly what I'd tell you, I still cannot bring myself to inflict this awful melancholy on you.

I know you'd tell me that friends help each other; they listen; they comfort; they cheer; they are there through good times and bad. I absolutely know that, and I know that each and every one of you would be there with the tissues, as I would with you....but my innate stubborn-ness kicks in and tells me that it's an admission of failure to cry in front of my friends.

Anyway, today is the day I kick this in the arse. I really can't do much about the fact that ToM has gone AWOL again but I can decide to not let my horrible hormonal state dictate how I live my life. I have a bit of a backlog of work to catch up with (because I've been next to useless all week), plus I am helping my lovely friend, Victoria, with her PR for her debut fashion show next week (Jerboa Jewellery - check it out, it's awesome)...AND I'm going to make myself a new dress for the occasion. Heck, it's London Fashion Week - I have a duty to show these up and coming designers what real style is! ;-)

So this is me, creatively going off to distract myself...normal service will be resumed ASAP.


Shortstix said...

Hey, how's the arse kicking going?
Hope you're ok?

Jujubie said...

Darling, cross your arms over your shoulders and give yourself a hug. Don't add pressure to your life by pretending to be strong when you don't feel it. Emotions are there for a reason; nothing like a good cry to put things back in perspective. The cloud will lift soon enough. In the meanwhile, it's nice to see that you are very much a human being!

Nicôle said...

Thank you, Ju - what lovely, and kind words!

Shortstix - arse-kicking in full swing now!